As of March 13, 2020 at Noon, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Morrow County.
Following the announcement by Governor Brown, late last night, that all Oregon K-12 public schools will be closed until April 1, 2020, Morrow County Emergency Management, Public Health, Morrow County and Ione School Districts all came together to make sure we have a united message.
- Parents: Check your school’s website, and Facebook page for particulars and updates.
- Check back often; several times daily, this situation is rapidly changing.
- There will also be Robo Calls, from the schools, with updated information.
- All public K-12 schools in Morrow County will be providing meals next week.
- Everyone: Please practice “Social Distancing”. This is something that Public Health Officials use to stop or slow down the spread of a highly contagious disease or virus. Social Distancing means to limit unnecessary contact. Limit trips in public, and try to avoid close proximity to others.
Many do not realize that a healthy appearing person can be a carrier, with no symptoms, and unwittingly pass the virus on to someone at higher risk. Morrow County Medical Professionals are continuing to actively screen and assess individuals at risk for the COVID-19 virus.
Morrow County Emergency Management